In the summertime, I pretty much live in some version of this same outfit. My closet is filled with different options of certain categories, and I’ve decided to embrace it. It makes me feel a little bit predictable, but that can be a good thing. As much as I believe in trying new things, I also think there is something about finding your style that should be celebrated. It also makes it easier to get dressed when you have a go-to equation for outfits!
I’m not saying I dress up every day—in fact it’s noon and I’m still in my robe over here—but I do feel better when I do. Sneakers and Birks are a big part of my run-out-the-door look, but I feel my best when I’m in classic Kilee pieces. This year, my classic pieces have been a striped top, cropped denim, espadrille wedges, and a fedora.
1. Stripes- There’s a reason these are classic. They layer well in colder seasons, and they add a pattern to every outfit. Add a vest or a cardigan to this outfit, and I’m set for cooler days in September. I’m linking some favorite stripes below. This tee I’m wearing is 40% off right now (I recommend sizing up). I also have this tee from J. Crew, which is on sale, and this tee from the Anniversary Sale, which is still stocked in some colors and sizes.
2. Cropped denim- I’ve been in love with an ankle-length jean for years.Often I just take sewing scissors and cut my skinnies shorter myself. But these (on sale!) have been the best ones I’ve found. I love the price, and the cut and wash are just right.
3. Espadrille Wedges- This style of sandal screams summer to me. I have found a wedge or a platform sandal are definitely preferable to me over flats. Not all of them are comfortable, but I really feel cuter and more put together in a wedge of some kind rather than a flat sandal.
4. Fedora- This style of hat is my very favorite. I can’t seem to pull off any other style with my haircut, or at least I don’t feel like myself in any other style. Hats help cover greasy hair or hair that has been hit by Missouri humidity. I’ve said it before, but if you have short hair you can wear hats. You just need to make sure some hair is showing in the front. I try to push my long bangs toward the front and tuck the short side behind my ears when I put on my hats.
5. Big Earrings- I’m a little biased, but our leather earrings are honestly the best accessory for summer. You can’t feel them on, and they make a big statement. We carry them in a huge variety of summer colors, and they really pull together an outfit full of basics like this. Lightweight and life-changing—they really are.
So there is my summer wardrobe in a nutshell. Trade out the sandals for ankle boots and add a military jacket or fur, and you probably have my fall outfit too. What are your summer staples this year? Are you into skirts, dresses, shorts, or lace-up sandals?