Banana bread is a family favorite of ours! We have loved this recipe for years and I am so excited to share it with you guys. It’s definitely not a healthy banana bread. This is a hearty, warm, homestyle banana bread that goes great with soups, salad or just as a snack. My boys love to help bake this one and it’s safe to say it doesn’t last long at our house.
Homestyle Banana Bread Recipe
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cups oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat over. Flour bread pans.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add mashed bananas and 1/3 cups oil to dry mixture. Mix.
- Add eggs and remaining oil to bowl. Mix.
- Pour batter into floured pans.
- Bake 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool loaves on paper towels or cooling racks.
For a delicious variation add 1-2 cups of chocolate chips to the batter before baking!
Makes 1 large loaf or 2 small loaves.