Happy Friday! Ending the note on a good note and channeling all of my Western wear vibes. This week we launched a Nashville-inspired collection and it has been so fun to style. I love fringe, Western boots and a cool hat- so this collection really spoke to me! Today I’ve styled three of our new leather earrings with some of my favorite basics and Western peices. If you want more Western inspo- watch this live I did today on Instagram.
- This week I had one of the sweetest experiences with my oldest. I was driving him home after cross country after I had had a particularly tough day. I was feeling less than hopeful about work and my own progress, and it was really weighing on me. I was talking with him about it and he was just listening. As the oldest kiddo he is already more mature and super in touch with all of the things we have going on as business owners and parents. He’s an old soul and I’m so lucky to have him as our first. As I unloaded he said, “I was just listening to a song about this exact thing!” He turned it on and it was spooky at how right he was. It was the perfect song for the moment and such a welcome surprise. What a skill to have at 12!
- Speaking of music, I’m listening to this playlist this week on Spotify. It’s very on-brand for the week and boy do I love Kacey Musgraves.
- Tomorrow we are doing family photos and it’s this strange feeling of excitement and dread. I love choosing our outfits and I love the end results, but it also comes at a high price of tears and family fights! I’m sure I’ll share more when the photos come back, but for now we just need to make it through the session Wish us luck!
- Soren and I had our first counseling appointment together this week in at least a year. We’ve marriage and personal counseling on and off many times, but it’s been some time. This week I joined him on an appointment and it was really good. We work together so we are really bad at just working all of the time, but neither of us want that to be the case so we are now “working” on that. Life is a lot of work ya know? It was a zoom appointment this time- which was really convenient and I think we’ll have another one soon. It’s never super fun or comfortable, but I definitely think it’s only ever a good thing!
- This week I tried to get a head start on my Christmas shopping so I added in a few of the kid’s wish list items to my Amazon order. We all know shipping times are long and stores are potentially going to run low on the good stuff. So I tried to start early. I then FORGOT about it until guess who opened the Amazon boxes?!? Yep- Soren and the boys. So they saw the stuff, they played with the stuff, they fought over the stuff. And now I have to buy more stuff. ugh! I swear as a mom it’s always 2 steps forward, 5 steps back, but that’s okay. I’ll hopefully learn my lesson and somehow get gifts here on time and in secret. Us moms always make it happen!
Have a wonderful weekend and I’ll see you on Instagram!