September is one of the best months of the year for a whole lot of reasons, but in the fashion world it’s everything. Fall fashion is in full force and all of the Spring fashion shows are happening. It’s like a fashion explosion on the streets of the biggest cities and all of us side-liners are just soaking it up. As a style blogger who doesn’t go to the shows, I love to see the street style and the trends that my blogging friends sport in between designer shows. As a fashion brand business owner I love browse images from the shows to get inspiration for upcoming N&S seasons. It’s all just so interesting and inspiring!
Today I’ve partnered with eBay and I’m excited to share some Fall handbag trends and a new-to-me way to shop online to get a little bit of that big-city designer look in your life. Whether you want a leather backpack or a furry cross body or a clear plastic tote, you can find the designer names and trends on eBay. This season you also see plenty of Western details trending and boxy briefcase styles trending and you cant find those on eBay too.
SHOP THE POST
After Nickel & Suede made the Inc 500 list last month, I decided to treat myself to a on-trend and special work bag. I am typically a one-bag kind of momma- but the more hats that I wear, the more that several kinds of bags make sense in my life. I need a big bag for when I’m with my kids, but I also need a few other bags for when I’m working or out with just Soren. While looking for just the right bag, I found eBay to have a wide variety of designer bag types and so many current styles for less than new prices. Apparently on eBay, you can get the same brands and high quality for less money, quick shipping, and new or almost new condition!
For a week or so I spent a lot of time browsing Coach and Rebecca Minkoff backpacks, Marc Jacobs totes and Coach and Frye and YSL cross body bags– but ultimately ended up picking out a bag I’ve wanted for over a year.
I was obviously hesitant to buy this bag full price last year but on eBay I was able to score this $450 Marc Jacobs Big Shot Satchel for only $260! When I saw it on eBay for THAT price I knew I had to have it. I love the guitar strap and the color blocking and boxy bag shape is also totally on trend this Fall.
One other plus I found is that eBay not only offers older items, but new items too. If you have your eye on a bag that just came out this season, look it up on eBay. If you have always wanted a specific classic designer bag, look for a like new bag on eBay. The colorway of my purse is no longer sold in stores so the only place I could find it was eBay. But I also found the current colorways for this bag on eBay for less than department store prices (and I’ve linked them above!)
A few tips for shopping for bags on eBay:
1. Narrow your search down by brand or brand and bag style. (ie: Coach or Coach backpack)
2. Narrow your search by selecting New With Tags or New Without Tags.
3. Look for Buy It Now options.
4. Look for listings with actual photos of the bag- not just stock photos. And photos of tags.
5. Look for sellers within the US.
6. Look at a seller’s feedback and rating.
7. Beware of deals that look too good to be true. If you are looking at a new or like new bag the price should be lower than in stores but not incredibly low.
8. Compare several listings for the same item to find the best price.
9. Create an account on eBay so that you will be notified if something you are interested in goes down in price.
10. Check eBay’s Daily Deals section to see the current deals.
I’ve found and favorited quite a few bags below. These bags are totally on trend and yet still classic enough to invest in.
Thanks to eBay for sponsoring this post. As always, all styling and opinions are my own.