5. Pleated Skirt – I’ve been a pleated skirt fan for years. Some of my favorites are one’s that I’ve found at thrift stores and I still love to check for vintage ones anytime I step into one. This season I’m loving green ones and especially velvet ones! Pair them with a basic tee to make them more casual or a white blouse to dress it up!
6. Western Boot – The Western trend is one that I’m fully embracing, but in a smart way. I only wear one or two Western inspired pieces at a time and a Western boot is a great way to do that. I love that there are so many options this year that have a nod to a Western look.
7. Blazer – Blazers are making a big comeback right now, but I get that they don’t seem super practical if you are typically at the park or a play date. They are easier to wear than you think! Wear it like a jacket and pair it with all kinds of things. It works well with a graphic tee and jeans or a slim fitting work pant and heels!
8. Mule – Mules are also making a comeback and it has taken me some time to get on board with them. I think my favorite styles have a bit of a heel or a pointy toe flat.
9. White Boot – I’ve been waiting for white boots to come back for years and I’ve actually been wearing an off-white pair for a while now. I love the edge they add to an outfit.
10. Fur Coat/Jacket – If I collect anything, it might be faux fur. I have so many faux fur jackets in so many colors. I love that they add so much cool texture to an outfit and they are actually really warm too!
I hope these fun and trendy items give you a few new ideas for your wardrobe. Just by adding a few of these pieces you can instantly add a little edge or fun to so many outfits.
If you missed it, check out the other posts in this series: