Happy Friday! It’s the first day of October and I am so here for it! Today I wanted to end the week with a fun random round-up of five things going on with us this week. We’re talking broken arms, Halloween, extensions and more!
- So I took my extensions out this week. Like all of them. And I actually haven’t been on social media since. I feel about as naked as people told me I would without my hair extensions and my lashes, but I also feel really free. I started getting lash extensions two years ago and I never meant to keep it up. But they look so good! They also just happen to be expensive and time consuming. I may end up going back to them, but for now it’s nice to take a break. I’ll just be applying Lash Boost like there’s no tomorrow and probably be gluing some strips on too! I also took out my hair extensions which I’ve had for a year. My goal was to grow out my undercut and to fill in volume and they did just that. Since I got them in I’ve taken supplements and my hair has grown in thicker and longer, but still not as long as with extensions. I love short hair and plan to stay a short-hair gal, but this week I’m still adjusting to such a big change! Time will tell- after all it’s just hair and changing it is part of the fun.
- Today I’m taking my fourth boy, Baker, to get his arm cast off. He broke his arm in his first week of Kindergarten and has had to do school with his left hand ever since. What a trooper! In our family of five boys I think a lot of injuries are to be expected- but at our house it seems to always be broken bones! This is our SEVENTH and no, no one has a calcium deficiency! Kesler has had the majority of our breaks and has been taking a supplement, but all of the rest of them have been normal, accidental events! And while I’m hoping we never have another broken bone at our house, its nice to know that with past experience comes a calmness in knowing things will be okay. It’s not our first rodeo anymore so it’s pretty hard to get me frazzled about it.
- Fall temps have arrived in Kansas City and this weekend will be our weekend to hit the pumpkin patch. We have family photos scheduled for next weekend and I’m still trying to figure out what we’re going to wear. I’m leaning toward very neutral, black and tan and a little plaid. I did find these CUTE boots for the little boys so those are definitely happening.
- More Fall decorations showed up at our house this week. I blogged about faves here, but it’s been so fun to get them and put them up. Knox, 8, has really enjoyed helping. I think these ghosts are the thing that adds the most fun, but surprised me in how much ! like them!
- Today at work we are having a fun dress-up day. The theme is to dress like you dressed in high school. So many people really pulled out all the stops! Soren and I had fun trying to find old clothes and replicate our style. He ended up wearing his old baseball sweatshirt and letter jacket. He was bummed he couldn’t find old wide leg jeans. I found some old bootcut/flare jeans (I wish they were Abercrombie!) and a thrifted baseball tee. I wore some thrifted Samba’s in high school and it was fun to find a pair of them at Dick’s last night. They aren’t vintage, but they work! I also stopped by Ulta and got some white eyeliner and made sure to use plenty of shimmery eye shadow. Oh, and I can’t forget the leather choker and the cropped corduroy jacket! The low rise jeans have been a struggle all day, but otherwise it was a super fun blast from the past!