If you ask Soren, or my mom for that matter, what one of my favorite foods is, I think they would both tell you butter. I’m not ashamed to admit how much I love butter and so it shouldn’t surprise you to hear that this cake is one of my favorite desserts. It is so sweet and so rich, but it’s also SO GOOD. It’s one of those comfort foods that just really can’t be replaced by anything else. I’m a big fan of this recipe and it’s so easy to make. You’ll thank, and curse me later for this one. Enjoy this ooey gooey butter cake goodness!
How to make Gooey Butter Cake
- 1 box, yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 32oz bag powdered sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla
- 8oz cream cheese
- Combine cake mix, butter and 2 eggs in mixer
- Put in a greased 9×13″ pan
- Mix 2 eggs, powdered sugar, vanilla and cream cheese. Once smooth, spread on top of cake batter.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.