1. Pair them with a heeled bootie and a fitted long-sleeve tee. The best case scenario with overalls is to pair them with a fitted tee underneath. A low heel is always more flattering and feminine than a flat shoe.
2. Try layering them with a jacket or an oversized cardigan. This can add unnecessary bulk, and it’s obviously something you would try when things cool down, but it can look really cool and interesting.
3. Pair them with a fitted half-sleeve tee and slip-on sneakers. This is the classic way to wear overalls in the summer. Cuffing the overalls is also a trick to update the look of this type of denim.
4. Wedges. Enough said. Wedges make everything look better in my book.
5. A graphic tee or baseball tee and Converses. I like a graphic tee under overalls because you can’t see the whole shirt, but you get the idea of the graphic. It’s a little edgy and definitely cool.