It’s Spring! We’ve had so many days and evenings lately that were the perfect temperature and it’s finally staying light later in the evening. We headed out on a date this weekend at almost 7 pm and there was still sun out to enjoy. I’m not looking forward to Summer heat and humidity, but I do love longer days and lots of sunshine.
Today I’m sharing my staple accessories for this time of year. I love refreshing my closet at the beginning of each season, but sometimes adding in some new accessories can update your outfits just as much or even more than new clothes!
1. Refresh your timepiece – I may use my phone for almost everything all day long, but I still wear a watch daily. I love the way it elevates my outfit and keeps me moving to try and stay on time. Daniel Wellington has come out with some new Spring pieces and they are all drool worthy. If they hadn’t sent me this pretty watch, it would certainly have been on my Mother’s Day and birthday wishlist. It’s such a classic watch that I find myself wearing almost daily. Use code ONELITTLEMOMMA to get 15% off your own! (Expires 5/15/16)
2. Make an earring statement – No surprise, I’m recommending new earrings. At Nickel & Suede we have some gorgeous colors for Spring and we also just restocked our Lip Gloss leather earrings (previously sold out). I’m a huge fan of statement earrings to really update and modernize an outfit. Take a chance and bump up your earring size- you might be pleasantly surprised!
3. Take out a new tote – A big tote is a must for me right now. I like to switch my bags out from time to time- I find that it keeps me from carrying around too much garbage. Literally. #momlife This tote from Madewell has been on my wishlist for forever and it’s definitely a new staple in rotation. I also love this straw tote or this less expensive faux leather tote option.
4. Swoon over shoes – Of course shoes ought to have their own post, but I can’t no mention them here. These beauties are a cross over between ankle boots and sandals and they are amazingly comfortable. They literally can be worn in so many ways- dressed up, down, and with any color. Espadrilles are also huge this Spring and would be a great style of shoe to update your closet with.
5. Become a hat lady – I’m a big fan of the fedora style with a wide brim. I think they balance out my (huge) head and they really help on days when I don’t have time to get my hair done. A light colored wool fedora is perfect for Spring, but I also just bought this one to wear into Summer.
What new accessories have you been eyeing this Spring?