Is it just me or does it seem like this month should be over already? We were in a meeting the other day, and someone asked what day it was. We were all SHOCKED that it was only the 6th. Somehow the holidays are over, but there are still so many things going on. And don’t get me wrong; I love it. It’s just been a whirlwind. I’m glad for the fact that January hasn’t passed me by because dang it, I have more things to get done and improve on this month.
So to catch you all up on life lately, I thought I’d share a little about what’s keeping us busy. I bet you’ve got your own list you could share too!
– Basketball season is raring to go with Easton’s first game this week. He has been in love with basketball since watching High School Musical in first grade. Troy Bolton is pretty much his idol, and I can’t help but love it. We’ve never done basketball in our family, but I am excited for him to give this sport a chance. He loves to shoot hoops in our driveway with my old little iPod shuffle clipped to his shorts and his favorite music in his earbuds. So wish him luck on Saturday!
– Soren and I just got our passports in the mail today! He and I are going to ITALY next month, and until today it didn’t seem real. We have some work business to do over there—hence the trip—but I’m still pinching myself that our job is allowing us, even requiring us, to go to my dream destination. We’ll be there for a week, and I think our plans include Milan and Venice. If you’ve been to either, tell us where to go and what to do!
– Our house is under construction again! We had our basement finished in the fall, but only the main living area down there. We left the bathroom and a big storage closet unfinished, and I immediately regretted it. Not finishing the bathroom was a mistake. So we had the workers come back. The three big boys have moved to the basement, so it only makes sense for them to have a bathroom to use down there—especially in the middle of the night. They are almost done down there, and it will be so nice to see it all complete!
– And speaking of redoing parts of the house, I evacuated the boys from their room upstairs so that I could use it for an office. My recent Internet searches have been for office decor, and it’s been really fun to see it come together. I still need a few cute supplies like a stapler, notepads, and other odds and ends. So if you have any recommendations for where to buy cute office supplies (besides Target), let me know!
– Nickel & Suede is always keeping me busy. And Soren too. Right now I’m prepping for our Valentine’s Day campaign, and I can’t wait to share. We ordered this pink couch for the shoot and to have in the store, and that isn’t even the best part of it all! I can’t say enough how amazing it is that I get to work on these kinds of projects for my career.
– Another reason we are so busy is all of the stuff we’re surrounded by. We’re still recovering from the influx of new things from Christmas. I feel like I’ve been picking up and rearranging since December 25. We didn’t even buy a crazy amount of gifts, but they all need somewhere to go! I’m holding out for some serious IKEA toy storage solutions once the basement is totally done, and if that doesn’t work I don’t know what I’ll do!
How is your year starting out? Do you feel like things are slowing down and becoming more organized? Or are they just as busy as ever and you’re just holding on? 😉