SWEATER (exact sold out, but similar) // PANTS // SHOES (exact sold out, but similar) // SUNNIES // CLUTCH // EARRINGS
Photo Credit- Sarah Sweeney
One of my favorite kinds of blog posts to read is quirky lists. I love hearing about what makes people unique, even if those things are weird or super unusual. I definitely believe that you can only stand out by being yourself, and as a blogger, a business owner, and just a woman in our society, this couldn’t be more true. The more you try to fit in, the more you blend in, and that’s not what you started out to do! I thought I’d share some random facts about me today, and I’d be thrilled to find out if we have any of them in common. (I mean, it always feels good to know other people are weird too, ya know?)
1. I hate raisins. The only thing I’ll eat them in is cinnamon raisin toast, and I actually LOVE that stuff.
2. My favorite radio station is NPR. I will listen to almost any program on NPR because it feels like I’m always learning something. I don’t care if it’s Science Friday (which I love) or Marketplace – I’m getting smarter if it’s on.
3. I JUST found the podcast app on my phone. All this time I knew people loved listening to podcasts, and I never knew how they did it. I thought it cost money or that you needed some fancy subscription. Nope. It’s free, and it’s been on my phone all along.
4. I love the crumbs at the bottom of the cereal box. And somewhat soggy cereal. And lumpy Cream of Wheat. Basically everything about hot or cold breakfast cereal that most people hate.
5. At different points in my life, my favorite animals have been lemurs, tapirs, manatees, pigs, turtles, orcas, and various other weird animals. I think I’ve settled on pigs and sea turtles at this point.
5. I don’t buy dental products if they don’t do something to whiten your teeth.
6. I went to school for nutrition, but the last few years have been pretty bad diet-wise for me. I got physically sick last time I had a big salad because my poor body couldn’t handle all the fiber. I’m in the middle of baby-stepping my way out of that one. An apple a day, right?
7. I always do calf raises or squats while I brush my teeth.
8. I’m a horrible driver. I just have the worst instincts when it comes to making quick decisions. I’m also bad at crossing the street…
9. I really dislike talking on the phone. I have always disliked it, even when I was little, unless it was my mom, my boyfriend (now husband), or my best friend.
10. I went to eating disorder treatment three times before it stuck. It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to overcome mentally, but I am so glad that I did.
I’d love to hear something quirky about you or if you identified with any of these! Have a great start to your week!