Hello! Today is one of those rare days when I don’t have to be out the door as soon as kids are off to school and with gray skies and a little rain on the way, I’m not complaining. Rush still takes a morning nap and Baker is miraculously playing alone in his room, so although I probably just jinxed myself, I’m going to try and get this post up! Today’s outfit has a lot going on, but it’s also a great mix of some of my favorite styles to wear this season. I’m partnering with Nordstrom today to share some of my favorite Spring styles and I’ve got a lot of similar options for you to shop at the end of the post.
SHOP THE POST
- Go slim on the cut of the shorts. Like I said, this pair is a little wider than I like, but it doesn’t create a squeezy look so that’s good. (Avoid the squeezy, sausage bermuda/biker short! That goes without saying right?)
- Stick with black. Denim bermudas are tough. The wash really changes the look so stick with a dark wash for the slim fitting look.
- Distressed is cool, but harder to wear. The distressed, baggy bermuda is much tougher to style. It works- like with a cool graphic tee and bright Birkenstocks, but it’s a little more out there.
- Play with them. Heels and wedges look really cool with a slim fitting Bermuda short.
- Try pairing them with a v-neck tee, blazer and mules.
- Bermuda shorts also work with a great pair of causal white sneakers like these Vans.
- A loose sweater with fitted long shorts and dressy flat sandals would also look great.
- Try an outfit like the one I’ve styled today with a duster (longer) cardigan, a tee, and sandals.
Shop other bermuda shorts and fun Spring items to pair with them below!