I love makeup. As the daughter of an artist and someone who almost majored in Drawing and Painting, it is safe to say that makeup is one of my favorite artistic mediums. Makeup and I have a history- from my days of wearing it to high school Cross Country practice to when my husband packed for a surprise overnight date- and brought everything EXCEPT my makeup! Today I’m sharing what is in my makeup kit- which happens to be a lot. I don’t wear it all every day, but I do wear most of it because it gives me a confidence boost and I enjoy it.
Now, before we dive in, I have a few disclaimers. I don’t claim to be a professional. BUT because of my past mishaps (ie: white eyeliner, too much brown pencil, raccoon under eye concealer), I have a lot of experience to offer and I have tried my fair share of products. If you really want to learn about makeup you must follow Cara. She knows all.
I will also say that I am pretty economical for the most part. There are definitely more expensive products out there to replace any of mine, but these have worked the best for me up to this point. If there are pricey items in my bag, they really are worth paying for in my opinion.
So no tutorial for using this items, but here they are along with links to find them.
1. Revlon PhotoReady Primer– This primer works well to keep my foundation going strong all day at a reasonable price.
2. Covergirl Clean Oil Control Foundation– Provides medium coverage and works well for my skin.
3. Smashbox Luminizing Lotion– Love this applying this illuminator after highlighting and contouring- it makes it look like you are in perfect lighting all of the time.
4. NYX Yellow Concealer– The best concealer for highlighting and contouring.
5. Real Techniques Core Collection Set– The best brushes for the price- hands down.
6. Bahama Mama Bronzer– The best bronzer for contouring.
7. Urban Decay Primer– Keeps eye makeup looking perfect all day. Worth it.
8. Revlon Beyond Natural Eyelashes– Easy to apply and look pretty natural. I don’t wear them daily but I can get about three wears out of each pair.
9. Duo Eyelash Adhesive
10. Covergirl Perfect Blend Eye Pencil– Mink- I use this on my brows and my lips.
11. Maybelline Brow Poweder– I use this after I draw in my brows with the eye pencil.
15. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette– This shadow lasts forever on your lids. I’ve had my palette for a year and it has so much life left in it. I love it!
16. Covergirl Lash Blast– I’m open to new mascara recommendations, but I love the volume this gives.
17. Avon Glimmersticks in Blackest Black and Cosmic Brown– My FAVORITE eye liners of all time. They glide on easily and stay put.
18. Revlon Colorburst Lipstick- Soft Nude– Favorite nude lipstick- layer it with #22
19. Revlon Lip Butter- Red Velvet– Favorite oxblood lipstick
20. Revlon Lip Butter- Creme Brulee– Favorite everyday lip color
21. Revlon Lip Butter- Tutti Frutti– Best Red/Orange lip color I have found
22. Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss- Peach Petal– Makes the perfect nude lip with #18
And there you have it- my makeup kit. There are a lot of items there, but I really do use all of them. I don’t keep what doesn’t work so you can be sure that none of this is fluff.
And I know you are wondering about my amazing makeup bag! Isn’t it gorgeous!?! It is from a handmade accessories company called KusiLife. They specialize in beautiful handmade items from Peru with the hope to connect the world to the Peruvian culture as well as use proceeds to give back the Peruvian communities. You can find more about them and their unique items here, here and here. You know my whole kit wouldn’t fit in there, but I can’t wait to use it on our next trip when I am forced skinny up my kit for travels!
Do you love any of these products too? What am I missing out on? Let me know your favorite products in the comments or let me know if you have any questions about any of these products. I will try to answer them in the comments!